Program & Enrollment
Choose Nissan Commercial Fleet for the highest quality fleet vehicles, competitive incentives, priority ordering and superior customer service.
Fleet Sales Program Details:
- 2017 Nissan Fleet Sales Program
- 2017 Infiniti Fleet Sales Program
- 2016 Nissan Fleet Sales Program
- 2016 Infiniti Fleet Sales Program
NISSAN 2016 MODEL YEAR FLEET SALES PROGRAM DETAILS
Program Period: The 2016 model year programs are for 2016 model year vehicles reported and delivered September 25, 2015 through December 31, 2016.
- Dealers: All authorized Nissan dealers are eligible to participate.
- Daily Rental Company: Vehicles enrolled in the Nissan Repurchase Program are ineligible.
- Leasing Company: A leasing company may qualify for basic sales assistance incentives if it executes a lease with a daily rental company that meets the requirements of the Fleet Sales Assistance Program.
- Floor Plan Assistance: Not available on any Nissan fleet vehicles.
- In-Service Requirement: All vehicles must remain in service for at least six months or 12,000 miles (whichever comes first) unless stated otherwise in the Repurchase or Risk Contract executed between Nissan and the Fleet Account.
Reporting Procedure: Submission of fleet delivery information (via an online RDR – “Sales Type 2”) must be received prior to the program deadlines to substantiate all claims. Fleet delivery information received after the deadline will not qualify. Vehicles delivered to certified fleet accounts must be reported as fleet sales, and must include the customer fleet certification number in the RDR. Refer to the Nissan Retail C&I Bulletin for volume levels for a single Account per program period (a program period is defined as a program year quarter) are eligible for retail payments (including retro bonus) and can be reported as retail sales provided the vehicles are delivered out of dealer stock and are not ordered out of the national fleet pool for sale as fleet vehicles. Any units in excess of the volume levels on the Nissan Retail C&I Bulletin are ineligible for retail payments and must be reported as fleet sales (which are eligible for fleet incentive payments). This may entail contacting the Fleet Department if a fleet certification number does not currently exist. Please note that all vehicles sold to a fleet account that has entered into a contract with the NNA National Fleet Department should be RDR’d as a Fleet Sale.
Review/Audit Procedures: Nissan will compare delivery information reported via an online RDR (“Sales Type 2”) against vehicle registration data. Nissan reserves the right to inspect dealership, leasing company, and rental company records during normal business hours and to question and/or disqualify any sales made or reported that are not in accordance with the program rules. Such a review is not an audit and does not preclude an audit at a later date. All payments and/or awards made under these programs are subject to such future audit and possible chargeback. Failure to submit records to Nissan for audit purposes may result in disqualification from programs and charge back of all benefits paid.
Federal or State Income Tax Liability: Any income tax liability imposed on the value of the fleet allowances received will be the sole responsibility of the recipient and not of Nissan.
Program Payment Expiration Date: The 2016 model program payments will expire nine (9) months after retail sale date. All fleet incentives must be claimed before the expiration date or they will become ineligible.
Final Decision: In all matters relating to the interpretation of application of any rule or phase of this program, the decision of Nissan shall be final. Nissan also reserves the right to cancel, revise, amend or revoke these programs at any time due to reasonable business considerations or to circumstances beyond its control.
- Fleet Sale: A vehicle is considered sold on the date that the dealership has fully consummated the sales transaction. This is evidenced by executed documents which specify the VIN of the vehicle and verify that the dealership has received or accounted for (valid finance contract, installment note, fleet billing) the full purchase price of the vehicle and a completed application for title/license. Leasing companies must take delivery of the vehicle and execute a lease with a certified fleet account.
- Courtesy Delivery: Nissan will automatically pay $300 to the delivering Dealer’s weekly incentive account for distant courtesy delivery of a commercial fleet vehicle. The dealer performing the courtesy delivery must be located a minimum of 100 miles from the selling dealer to qualify for the Courtesy Delivery Fee. Please note that Daily Rental Vehicle Orders are not eligible for Courtesy Delivery.
Fleet Parity: For the 2016 model year, the Retail Incentive Core Option (RICO) Program will be continued. RICO is the incremental incentive funds available to most certified fleet accounts (ask your Fleet Sales Manager for a listing of the non-eligible accounts) when retail incentives exceed fleet sales assistance incentives. RICO was developed to ensure the same incentive funds available to the retail buyer are also available to the fleet buyer. Essentially, this program ensures the fleet account is always paid the highest possible incentive.
RICO is communicated to dealers via letter and/or NNAnet at the beginning of each month.
On a vehicle by vehicle basis, the system automatically compares the Retail Core Incentive for the month the unit was sold to any and all eligible incentives available under the fleet program. The system then determines which incentive option, RICO or fleet, will pay the account the maximum eligible amount for that fleet vehicle sale.
If the retail core incentive is higher than the current eligible fleet incentive, the unit will be paid under the guidelines of RICO and receive total incentives equaling the National Core Average for that vehicle at the time of sale. For reference, the RICO payment is equal to the difference between the National Core Incentive less fleet sales assistance and price protection (if applicable), and it is paid directly to the fleet account via check on a monthly basis.
If the system determines that the eligible fleet incentives at the time of sale for the unit are higher, the vehicle will be paid under the fleet sales option. Once a unit has been paid under the fleet sales option, it is no longer eligible for RICO payments.
Eligible Units: All new and unused 2016 Nissan vehicles sold and delivered to certified fleet account(s) and placed in commercial fleet usage.
Ineligible Units: Any Nissan vehicles that are:
- Not sold, delivered and registered to a Nissan certified account.
- Not kept in service and registered a minimum of six (6) months or 12,000 miles (whichever is first) unless otherwise noted in the Repurchase or Risk contract executed by Nissan and the Fleet Account.
- Not purchased in volumes or equipped in accordance with the claimed fleet program requirements.
- Sold and delivered to any individual, company, etc., for the purpose of resale, regardless of when such resale occurs.
- Prior Nissan-owned company vehicles, excluding show cars, for which no discount has been given.
- Purchased by dealers at Auction.
- Paid on or counted in a previous Nissan retail or fleet sales incentive program.
- Purchased through Nissan's retail lease offers.
- Sold or leased to Nissan North America, Inc. or any other subsidiaries of Nissan Motor Company, Ltd.
- Sold to daily rental companies which NNA has agreed to repurchase.
- Used or previously titled/registered units.
- Sold to, leased to, or used by the dealership in the normal course of business.
General Eligibility Requirements: The fleet programs contained in this communication are available only to those accounts that have received a Nissan fleet certification number. All rules and requirements stated in the Nissan Fleet Certification procedures apply to these programs. In order to obtain the appropriate fleet benefit the account's fleet certification number must be used in all sales reporting. If there is any doubt about the correct fleet certification number, please contact the National Fleet Sales Department at 615-725-5065 for assistance.
NNA Fleet Certification Guideline Details
- Nissan/Infiniti dealerships are not eligible for NNA Fleet Certifications.
- Nissan/Infiniti Dealer-owned independent leasing or rental companies that are separate entities are eligible for NNA Fleet Certification. Dealer-owned leasing or rental companies must be a separate corporation and operated independently of the Nissan Dealership.
- Leasing companies or banks with a wholesale Dealer lease purchase operation which purchase Nissan vehicles leased by a dealership do not qualify for certification.
- Leasing companies whose primary business is brokering to individual customers do not qualify for NNA Fleet Certification.
- NNA Fleet Certification will not be issued to individuals.
- Only corporate home offices of national corporations should apply for fleet certification. Branch locations of national companies such as corporate-owned daily rental locations of Hertz®, Avis®, etc., will use the certification number of the national office. Daily rental licensees will be given individual certification numbers.
- NNA Affiliate companies qualify for NNA Fleet Certification upon submission of a completed and approved application. Vehicles purchased for employee lease programs or personal use do not qualify for fleet incentive payments.
- Companies whose primary business is export are not eligible for Fleet Certification.